- First things first: Don't panic! Start by making some preliminary decisions, determining such things as your time frame and service requirements. If you are relocating at the request of your company, you should find out what your relocation benefits are from your company relocation policy.
- Should it stay or should it go? Next, you should go through your belongings, determining what you want to take with you (and when you will need it), what you want to place into storage, and what you want to dispose of.
- Call in the experts: Having determined which of your belongings will actually come with you, contact your local Crown consultant and arrange for an in-home survey and consultation. Together, you will determine the moving plan that best suits your needs.
- Protect your belongings: After you and your consultant have decided how you will transport your belongings, you should go through them again, this time gauging the value of all the items you will not be disposing of. Once you've done that, you can fill out a valued inventory to protect them under the CrownCare Protection Plan.
- Make your travel plans: Once you've set a date for your move, you should make your travel arrangements, including temporary accommodation in the origin and the destination. Crown can help you with this—ask your consultant for details.
- Organize your paperwork: It is imperative that you begin to take care of all your required documentation as soon as possible. This includes visa applications, passport renewals, customs forms and change of address notices. And, of course, don't forget either your needs-assessment questionnaire or your protection inventory. Crown can offer assistance with all the necessary paperwork, just ask your consultant.
- Set a little something aside: Before moving day, set aside all those items that you do not wish to be packed in the shipment. This would include your passport and other important documents, tickets, money, and jewelry among other things.
- Moving Out: On moving day, it's imperative that you (or an authorized representative) are there for the whole duration, so you can verify the count and condition of your belongings in relation to the packing inventory, as well as answer any questions that the moving team might have.
- Arriving in your new country: Once you arrive in your new home, contact your local Crown consultant so you can arrange the delivery of your belongings and start getting settled as soon as possible. We offer services in home and school searches, as well as orientation tours, cross-cultural training and more. If you will not be able to move into your new home immediately, Crown can help you select temporary accommodation and storage for your things, as well as assist you in extending your protection accordingly. Ask your consultant for more details.
- Moving In: Once you've selected your new house and made all the necessary arrangements, it's time for delivery of your belongings! Crown's expert moving team will make sure that there is no confusion over where things go, thanks to our unique Color Locator System. After they have finished, they will even remove the packing materials left behind. Should you desire further settling-in services while you adjust to your new home, Crown can also offer maid and handyman services to help turn your house into a home as soon as possible.
Free Moving quote